Monday, February 16, 2009

Online Word Processors and Spreadsheets

This week I tried using online word processors and spreadsheets from both Google Documents and Zoho. Before this week I knew nothing of these online word processors and spreadsheet programs. I found the two programs to be very comparable in all aspects. I did not find one to be extremely easier to use than the other. Both Zoho and Google Documents had similar features both in the spreadsheet and in the word processor. They were both very similar to other word processors such as Microsoft Works or Microsoft Word. They have the basic functions that one would need to type a paper or to make a chart with a spreadsheet. However there is one thing that I noticed in Zoho that I did not notice in Google Docs (it may have been there but I didn't notice it). I noticed that using Zoho to make bar graphs, there was an option of making the bars 3-D which I did not notice using Google. I also noticed that Zoho had a greater selection of fonts and colors. All in all they are very similar programs and I am sure they will have more and more features as time goes on. If I would have to choose though, I would say I would choose Zoho. I like having more choices. I would also like to add one more thing that I noticed while using these programs from home. My internet connection at home is not as fast as that on campus and therefore it took a lot longer to load and save the documents I created on both sites. Other than that they are great alternatives to the traditional word processor and best of all they are FREE!!!!

1 comment:

A Boy Empowered - ABC Good Morning America

What are learning disabilities?